Maintenance Mechanic, Full-Time (HVAC Preferred)
$14.48-$19.48 hourly rate
Compensation will be based upon knowledge, experience, and certifications.
Under direct supervision of Maintenance Manager, the Maintenance Mechanic is responsible for the preservation and upkeep of the property. The Maintenance Mechanic will be aware of and operate within OSHA Standards and company safety policies at all times. This is a skilled position dealing with all trades in the construction and maintenance fields.
Typical Duties: (Duties are illustrative only and not meant to be all-inclusive).
- Practice OSHA standards and company safety policy.
- Repair gas leaks in refrigeration equipment to include replacement of compressors, evaporators and condensers with associated dryers and purging.
- Troubleshoot HVAC systems and make repairs to fan motors, thermostats, contractors, etc.
- Perform the following repairs: light electric repairs on items such as appliances, fixtures, outlets, circuits; light plumbing work, such as clearing stoppages, replacing fittings; replacement and repair of broken glass, tile, screens, blinds and clocks; carpentry work, such fitting doors, freeing windows, replacing and refinishing floors.
- Inspect health and safety features on each assigned public housing unit. This includes smoke detectors, fire extinguishers and all utilities.
- Keep accurate records regarding preventive maintenance, work orders, unit refurbishing, annual inspections, and inventories in accordance with procedures established in the company procedures manual.
- Participate in standby emergency schedule for evening, weekend and holiday coverage.
- Other general duties as assigned.
- Must have knowledge of property HVAC units and have the ability to trouble shoot units.
- Read and understand various manuals, instructions and other printed materials, such as regulation manuals, procedures manuals, warning labels and directional labels on materials needed to perform various tasks.
- Considerable manual dexterity in use of all tools associated with the five major construction trades.
- Safely lift and carry weights up to fifty (50) pounds without assistance.
Education and Experience
- Graduation from an accredited high school or equivalent. Licensed and/or certified construction trade preferred.
- Minimum of seven (7) years' experience in construction and /or maintenance work.
- Possess and maintain a valid Florida Driver's License.
- Employment is contingent upon passing a background investigation and motor vehicle report.
Apply: Cocoa Housing Authority, 828 Stone St., Cocoa, FL 32922,
or by email
Call 321-636-8535 for an application.
This position will remain open until filled.
Pre-employment background and Assessment testing required.
Excellent Benefits/EOE/Drug Free Workplace